My reason for choosing the S-ICD
Choosing the right implantable defibrillation device to help control your heart rhythm is an important decision that you and your doctor will want to talk about together. Refer to the questions below when discussing whether an S-ICD may be right for you.
- Why do I need an S-ICD if I have already experienced Sudden Cardiac Arrest?
- What are an ICD and an S-ICD? How does an S-ICD compare to a traditional ICD?
- When could an S-ICD be an option?
- What are the pros and cons of an S-ICD?
- How long will an S-ICD last?
- What happens when the battery needs replacing?
- What are the risks associated with an S-ICD?
- What data is there to support the use of the S-ICD?