Use This Support Tool
Print and share: Newly diagnosed with increased risk for Sudden Cardiac Arrest? Use your browser’s print function or the email button to share these questions with your doctor.
- What is Sudden Cardiac Arrest?
- What is an arrhythmia?
- What did my test results reveal?
- What are my treatment options and which option do you recommend for me? Why?
- What are an ICD and an S-ICD?
- When is an S-ICD needed?
- When could an S-ICD be an option?
- Can I choose which type of device I want to have implanted and can I make this choice myself?
- Can the S-ICD tell the difference between non-fatal arrhythmias and life-threatening ones like ventricular fibrillation?
Other questions to explore:
- About the S-ICD
- About Your S-ICD Implant Procedure
- About Living with the S-ICD